Why??!!

Messages to my dear friend, Monica, as we share our experiences of being a mother, the things we learn from our little girls, everyday and the lessons we learn from life itself.
A Blog-dialogue across continents, countries and oceans of time and space...
(We last met in 2000 A.D, in India.)

Friday, August 16, 2013

Birthday Wishes for my sweet friend!

My Dearest Mon,
 
 How are you?! It really has been ages since I wrote on here, and it feels somewhat unfamiliar, somehow! But I really had to start again because I have missed you every day, and each time the kids do something clever, funny, or outright naughty! I loved sharing the posts with you and the hope, love and care your posts gave me was something I have always treasured! Your Blog- The EXTRA in the Ordinary!!  has inspired and supported me, saved and salved my emotional scratches, bruises and bumps!
You know how much it would mean to me if you could keep writing (read blogging!) along as merrily as we did before, but I do understand you might be busy these days too. so just keep those gems coming as and when you find time!

I meant to post this a few days earlier, but the kids' holidays mean I have to be ON-CALL 24X7! (a bit or ER vocab thrown-in there, as I now often work in A & E!! I Love it, its a terrific team we have here in our Hospital and I am but a humble carer. It does help that they value me on the team as I work on the days when they desperately need an extra pair of hands! As you can imagine, weekends are busy and its really "ALL HANDS ON DECK" on those days.
How are you and what are you doing these days!? How's the designing going and do you enjoy your work!! You should upload some of your terrific caricatures you used to draw! They were always smashing!!  :)
To you, I wish with all my heart, a very special Birthday, today and for every day as we are re-born everytime we experience life...
Love to Harit and Raina, and a big hug to you!
Yours,
 Ruch

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Ruch. I have been 100% with Raina in the last two months while my P-I-L were in Ahmedabad. We spent time cooking, gardening, drawing our dream house spaces which she would colour( will upload some soon), going to various parks and rides, sleeping and reading books, watching 'Laurainkitchen' on youtube and cooking it the next day...But you have been in my thoughts as I cook, draw(I rem your sketches on tracing paper in Sem 3 for office spaces we were to design....so inspiring...if you have them,do share...and keep drawing...biggest gift you can give to your daughter.
    Many a post I wrote in my mind while cuddling and sleeping with Raina all sore and tired and hoped that thought post reach you.
    :D

    Thanks for wonderful wishes. I hope to spend more time drawing and writing this time. Boldly as before, be myself as before and feel the freedom to do things i like more...If I have one complain to God, that would be to make 24 hour/day into 48 and double our energy well for it as mothers and being my own individual need time, nurturing and space to feel the stillness. Not that I am not happy being a mom and there 24x7 with her as I juggle work, do things i like etc but rest go on 2nd priority. I will post on what I do and what goes in my mind now a days soon on our blog...Love you Ruch, You are the best!
    Mon

    ReplyDelete